November 11, 2015
“I Am College Bound/I Applied” NH’s College Application Week Kick–off at Concord High School on November 16
College Application Filing at 14 Public High Schools Week of November 16
EDITORS, NEWS DIRECTORS: You are invited to attend and cover the kick–off of "I Am College Bound/I Applied", an initiative to increase the number of first–generation and low–income students pursuing a college degree or other higher education credential.
- Governor Maggie Hassan, U.S. Congresswoman Anne McLane Kuster and dignitaries to broadcast remarks from Concord High School TV studio to 1,600 CHS students.
- Immediately following, admission representatives from area colleges and the NHHEAF Center for College Planning will provide on–on–one support to low–income, first generation high school seniors as they apply for college admission.
- Kick–off – Monday, November 16, from 9:10 to 9:30 a.m.
- College Application Filing – Monday, November 16, from 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon
- Concord High School (CHS) TV Studio (Members of the media can meet in the CHS main lobby to be escorted to the TV Studio by student volunteers)
Other participating high schools during the week of November 16, in addition to Concord High, are: Berlin, Kearsarge, Keene, Laconia, Manchester Central, Manchester West, Newfound, Newport, Portsmouth, Profile, Raymond, Somersworth, and White Mountains. For a detailed schedule, please call (603)227–5310.